Karan Wadhera is the Managing Partner at Casa Verde Capital, a cannabis venture fund where he leads investment strategy, fundraising, and management of the firm.
Karan also provides leadership and guidance as a Director on the board of over 10 companies and is an experienced finance professional who held senior roles at Goldman Sachs and Nomura.
During his tenure at Casa Verde, Karan has invested in more than 20 portfolio companies, collectively raising more than $1bn in funding. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of The Urban Income Show:
- How Karan started a cannabis fund with Snoop Dogg.
- The unique challenges of marketing cannabis companies.
- The benefits of investing in ancillary cannabis businesses instead of operation-focused companies.
- Different businesses are adjacent to the cannabis industry.
- How alcohol companies are responding to cannabis legalization.
- How the stigma around cannabis is changing.
- Social equity and diversity within the cannabis industry.
- What’s happening in the cannabis e-commerce space.
- How to get involved in the cannabis industry.
- The habits you need for financial success.